[NCLUG] Re: configuring ssh on Ubuntu

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 13 03:22:53 MST 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 07:24:21PM -0800, S Luke Jones wrote:
>(I love wireless, but I wish my linksys wireless router let me set up
>static IP addresses the way my old D-Link wired router/firewall-doodad
>let me assign them.)

You don't *HAVE* to use the dynamic IP.  I reserve the first 100 addresses
in my block for doing static on machines, and the next 100 for doing DHCP.
Machines that I don't care about reaching go in the DHCP block, my printer
and backup server get static addresses.

 Competence, like truth, beauty, and contact lenses, is in the eye of
 the beholder.  -- Dr. Laurence J. Peter