[NCLUG] Lilo or Grub

David Braley davbraley at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 15:51:26 MST 2006

All right, it's quiet and about time for a dumb question, so I give all
of you permission to flame the crap out of  me for being stupid and to
damn lazy to use google :). Here is my problem:

I have several Linux boxen running here at home, and I can not remember
which ones boot with lilo or grub (there is a mixture of both due to
some older hardware lot happy with grub). They all have both lilo and
grub installed on each box (this was by default on installation). When
they boot up, I can not tell by closely looking at the boot screen
whether lilo or grub is in control of the boot process.

So.... How can I tell which boot loader is in control at boot time?

David