[NCLUG] spam help

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Sep 8 16:52:30 MDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 01:36:47PM -0600, DJ Eshelman wrote:
>I have to wonder if I can managed to get this going in qMail ...

It's no problem.  You just need to install the qmail enhancement pack.  You
can get it from the postfix.org site under "download".

:-)

Back in the <gasp> '90s I loved qmail, but the state of spam has changed
and qmail really hasn't.  Getting qmail to have the features required in
todays world, my last count was that it required around 30 patches, some of
which conflicted with others.

I switched our mail server over from qmail to Postfix around 3 years ago
and have been very happy.  Of course, if you're using vpopmail, you also
have to switch away from it.  The "using vpopmail with qmail" instructions
are "Install qmail, and push all vpopmail through qmail".  This is because
vpopmail relies heavily on .qmail files and qmail-users for delivery.

This is why I wrote vPostMaster for Postfix.  Same sort of thing as
vpopmail+qmailadmin+spamassassin+++...

Thanks,
 Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical questions?
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/