[NCLUG] ANN: NCLUG Hacking Society, February 06, 2007

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Feb 4 18:48:50 MST 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:18:15PM -0800, heidi hudson wrote:
>It sounds like the 'Hacking Society' might be a little too advanced
>for my beginning computer skills.

There is no height requirement.  Hacking Society is a place for
self-directed work, play, or learning.  When I started it, my goal was to
make it so that people had a space and time to work on computer stuff.  We
have some people who program, some people who chat, some people who just
read stupid web sites.  Sorry, I mean divine web sites.  :-)

There is this idea that if you want to really learn something, you should
hang around a group where you're in the lower 10% as far as skill goes.
Don't hang around a group where you know everything, you won't learn that
much.  If you're around people who know a lot more than you.

>  I am interested in getting some information about  joining the 'nclug'
>group, but I can't contact them at all.  My emails keep coming back,

What do you mean you can't contact them?  You sent your message to the
NCLUG mailing list, that is how you contact NCLUG.  You are, at this very
moment, in contact with NCLUG.  You join NCLUG by joining the mailing list,
IRC ("chat", server "nclug.org", channel "#hackingsociety"), or by coming
to the meetings.  More information about the meetings is at the web site:
http://nclug.org/

Thanks,
 I have a large collection of sea shells, which I keep scattered on beaches
 around the world.  Maybe you've seen it...  -- Steven Wright