[NCLUG] Intel open source drivers

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jan 30 00:40:06 MST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:31:27PM -0700, Michael Milligan wrote:
>And I like the fact that I can turn it into an AP really easily, like
>with the older Prism (I/II) chipsets (hostap driver).

It's about time.  I used to do this all the time with an older laptop,
several versions ago.  It had a built-in prism that worked great.  The IPW
doesn't do AP mode, but it does do Ad-Hoc.  That worked great until efm got
a new laptop with atheros chipset around 6 months ago, the driver she has
for it won't do Ad-Hoc.  Grr.

 "Where are we going?"  "Planet Ten!"  "When?"  "Real soon!"
                 -- _Buckaroo_Banzai_