[NCLUG] *hugs*

Katy G. B. katy at dystonia-dreams.org
Fri Jun 29 02:45:45 MDT 2007

well i finally read the HackSoc choice,

as for the amount of compassion &understanding that everyone within
hacksoc has shown me: may none of you ever reieve the same. in truth i
hope none of you ever have need for it. i wouldn't wish my diseases on
one soul in this world. so may none of you ever need or desire help from
others. and yes sean irc is very much like being with other oss
developers in the real world ~ if you're smoking crack! though those in
hacksoc have shown that they are not oss developers. as an oss developer
for more than 13yrs. i can personally attest that we happen to be very
compassionate, understand, and accommodating. though obviously not
returned: i wish you all healthy, full, fun, and productive lives with
friendship, love, and a clean ddd, yeah and those non of those either.

please, if there is anyone interested in attending a saturday morning
geek oss g2g, not affiliated with nclug in any way, please email me. i
plan on having this be a social, no food, focused g2g for working on
projects, discussing news, and even getting together a group who would
like to join me in an oss/geek podcasts. this of course will be held at
a wheel chair accessible location. and who knows it could change every
week... maybe just for fun :). if there are any other girls on this list
please email me. or if anyone has a compassionate &understand girlfriend
please have her email me. okay i know that it was a bad joke, but i
couldn't resist just one more.

well,i've gotten your message, so just... like bye i guess,
Katy... I have 'it', thousands do, and you‘ve probably never heard of
'it'. 'it' twists our bodies, 'it' can ruin our lives; and occasionally
'it' will take them. what 'it' cannot twist, ruin, or take is our
DREAMS! 'it' is Generalized Dystonia!

to anyone _not_ a member of hacksoc. who's interested in learning more
about the disease that's most recently tried to ruin my life, as it
ruins many others' lives as well. than you can learn more at:
http://dystonia-dreams.org/about.php & http://dystonia-foundation.org

`rpm -e --force --nodeps nclug* >& /dev/null`

Katy G. B. wrote:
> there's like so no point for force here,
>
> --oldpackage is added just for doing this; for reverting to and older
> version safely, without breaking unknown dependencies. like if python
> was upgrade through yum it mighta, prolly upgraded other packages too
> like e.g. gnome2-python. there's a proper way to do just about
> anything you can imagine without force. there is one time that --force
> is always a girl's, or a guy's best friend, that's when *drum roll* a
> package's file conflicts with a file from another copy of its self,
> but by another name. e.g. "libxine 1.1.7 cannot be installed because
> '/usr/local/share/man/fo/bar/blah conflicts with package Xine-lib
> 1.1.7". lol, that's what i get for running an alpha release.. oh it is
> so like way improved. i highly recommend openSUSE 10.3. (and no
> they're not debian based, no they're not novell, that's SLED, and no
> please no flames: its just my distro of choice). okay, yah just my
> thoughts on using --force. i.e.; it only 'fixes' rpm errors - it
> usually just breaks like way more important stuff.
>
> Mike Loseke wrote:

>>> Never, ever, use --force. If you have to use --force, something is
>>> probably wrong and you will probably --break it. I'm convinced that
>>> a lot
>>> of the problems people have with RPMs and their systems getting
>>> wedged are
>>> because they used --force to install packages they really shouldn't
>>> have.
>>>
>>> As Stephen says in his reply, --oldpackage is what you want in this
>>> situation. --force turns off too many other things, and will not
>>> warn you
>>> about other problems that may exist with the package install. For
>>> example,
>>> if you did "-i" instead of "-U", the force will cause it to not warn