[NCLUG] Why not Root?

Jeffrey D. Means meaje at meanspc.com
Sat Mar 17 16:39:25 MDT 2007

James, you mention pathmunge as a fix for your /etc/profile but I can't
find pathmunge on my system.  Is it a package I can download or a script
you wrote?

Thanks,
Jeff Means

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 13:48 -0600, James DeWitt wrote:
<Snip>

> Yes, this is a pain. By default, fedora excludes the sbins
> from regular user PATHs, so sudo can't find things either.
> I fix this in /etc/profile - just comment out the if/fi lines
>
>     # Path manipulation
>     #if [ "$EUID" = "0" ]; then
>         pathmunge /sbin
>         pathmunge /usr/sbin
>         pathmunge /usr/local/sbin
>     #fi

</End snip>
Jeffrey D. Means                                meaje at meanspc.com
Owner / CIO for MeansPC                         http://www.meanspc.com/
Custom Web Development For Your Needs.          (970)308-1298

What we need is very simple: a recognition that Internet-style
connectivity is our right as fundamental infrastructure just like the
roads are. We can share them like the roads or power lines. --Bob
Frankston