[NCLUG] VPN problems

Matt Rosing rosing at peakfive.com
Tue Nov 6 11:02:51 MST 2007

Hi,

I need help getting my wife's VPN connection to work. She connects to
HP's vpn from our house and it seems to drop her after a few
minutes. On her old computer this would only happen if she was
connected to our home network via an ethernet cable, wifi was
fine. She has a new computer and now the wifi is a problem. I'm not
sure if it's my firewall (but we could get it to work before) or just
a bad connection. What kinds of things could cause a VPN to drop every
5 to 10 minutes?

Thanks,

Matt