[NCLUG] local end-user support

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Nov 7 19:16:36 MST 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:04:59PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
>collect. "Never try and sue poor people" he said, which  I guess is good
>advice, in a way, but that attitude is also a lot of what's wrong with

The inverse is also true however.  One of the older "supercomputer"
companies, I want to say it was Sperry, successfully sued IBM.  However, it
nearly bankrupted the company before it was able to complete the lawsuit.
I remember one account of it saying that it was really hard watching the
IBM lawyers arrive in limousines to pick up the documents for discovery...

People who think for a second they are going to be able to successfully sue
an Oracle or Microsoft over software performance issues are just dreaming.

 If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you must
 be at least a foot shorter than them.