[NCLUG] Re: Thoughts on Linux Users

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Sat Nov 10 13:38:43 MST 2007

S. Luke Jones wrote:
> Second, if push comes to shove, there's always jury
> nullification. Juries aren't as stupid as lawyers, nor as corruptible as
> legislatures. (That is, they may be both stupid and corrupt, but in
> these areas they're rank amateurs.)

That's fine, if you happen to have the resources to get things to a jury
trial, most people do not.

I was certainly happy to see that lady in Oklahoma push the RIAA back
(though even that was not a jury trial), but how many people can do that.

Major corporations rely on the fact that they have enough resources to
intimidate and usually control whomsoever they wish to.

"Equal justice" is a farce.

But you're right in general. I just try and do what seems right to me,
and would never intentionally harm anyone, and just let the chips fall
where they may. But I do contribute to the EFF.

beww