[NCLUG] There will never be one OS to rule them all

Tim Chambers timc+nclug at divide.net
Sat Nov 10 19:45:28 MST 2007

I agree with you, Paul. Thanks for the link!

For those who don't know if they want to watch the talk, read my review:

If you already know the contribution that Howard Moskowitz made to
modern civilization, then you might not learn anything new. This talk by
Malcom Gladwell helps you understand why it's important to embrace
diversity instead of arguing about the one right answer. The title hints
about spaghetti sauce. I don't want to spoil the talk for you, but keep
in mind that Gladwell begins by talking about the sweetness of Pepsi. He
moves to spaghetti sauce, Grey Poupon mustard, and coffee ("the
difference between coffee that makes you wince and coffee that makes you
deliriously happy"). Howard Moskowitz made important contributions to
how we think about all of those foods. But the talk has a much deeper
theme than food. Gladwell's thesis: "By embracing the diversity of human
beings, we will find a surer way to true happiness."

With hypertext at: http://tbc.stumbleupon.com/review/14209479/

-- Tim 1E4AF729D5CEFFD0