[NCLUG] Re: Thoughts on Linux Users

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Nov 11 13:55:35 MST 2007

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 10:13:38PM -0700, dlc wrote:

> Go high-brow all you want, gamers use PC's,
> there is no option.

I recommend you attend the NCLUG meeting this Tuesday if you really
believe that.  You might be disabused of some mistaken assumptions.

> To me I don't use Linux because I can't get my embedded development
> tools there, I can't get my flight simulator there and I can't (I think)
> sync my Palm TX there.  So Linux is a non-starter for me, mostly because
> I'm geek, but in a different way I think.  I love the OSS model, but
> there is nothing there that I use beyond Firefox and Open Office.

I'm a little confused as to what you're doing on this mailing list.  You
say you don't use Linux.  From what you've said, it sounds like you don't
use anything even remotely Linux-like at all (even though Linux isn't my
OS of choice, I do have a couple Linux servers lying around still, and my
OS of choice -- FreeBSD -- *is* somewhat Linux-like, or rather Linux is
somewhat Unix-like, which means it's at least a little BSD Unix-like).

So . . . if you use nothing but MS Windows and, maybe, MacOS on really
weird days, I am curious as to what caused you to join this mailing list.

This isn't an attack.  I'm just curious.

Ben Franklin: "As we enjoy great Advantages from the Inventions of others
we should be glad of an Opportunity to serve others by any Invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously."