Heinlein, was:[NCLUG] Sigs, was:Re: NCLUG LinkedIn Group

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Thu Oct 11 14:53:45 MDT 2007

Chad Perrin wrote:

> The underlying truth of the matter, however, is that computers are still
> honest.  That just involves reporting what is valid within the framework
> of the premises to which the computer is constrained, however -- not that
> its answers are *true*.
>
> I recall that Heinlein quote from my reading of the book, though, and
> found it amusing.

It always surprises me how many people have read "Moon", as well as
other Heinlein works.

I had the pleasure of meeting RAH many years ago. I also "met" Isaac
Asimov, but I was only one of hundreds at a lecture/book signing, I met
Heinlein almost one-on-one, as my Dad introduced me.

My chances of meeting Clarke before he dies are very slim, as I do not
think I will ever get to Sri Lanka. I understand he appeared via
satellite at the recent Heinlein Centennial though. It's somehow
appropriate that he appeared via multiple-hop geo-synchronous satellite
link.

beww

beww