[NCLUG] Re: Interest in doing a sprint?

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Wed Sep 19 09:51:07 MDT 2007

Walker, Philip M (Optical Storage) wrote:
> Please explain what 'sprinting' is ...
> Thx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_%28development%29#Sprint

The basic idea is that a group of developers holes themselves up into a
room and writes code for the good of the community for hours and
sometimes days on end.  To add to Sean's list of things he did for
python, last weekend I went down to Boulder to meet with members of the
Front Range Pythoneers group, and we sprinted for Django.  While I had
been involved in working with Django, I hadn't seen too much development
of Django.  I helped reword or patch documentation, applied patches to
my Django trunk and verified them (and sometimes writing more test cases
or fixing the code to pass the test cases), and verifying the some bugs
no longer existed.

So just think PROGRAMMING TO THE MAXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Thanks,
Paul