[NCLUG] Re: NCLUG Digest, Vol 160, Issue 7

James Bragonier james.bragonier at comcast.net
Sun Apr 6 14:26:42 MDT 2008

nclug-request at nclug.org wrote:
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Installfest anyone? (Mike Jensen)
>    2. Re: Installfest anyone? (Jim Hutchinson)
>    3. Re: Installfest anyone? (Chad Perrin)
>    4. Re: Installfest anyone? (Brian Wood)
>    5. Re: Installfest anyone? (Paul Hummer)
>    6. Re: Installfest anyone? (Brian Wood)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:01:09 -0600 (MDT)
> From: "Mike Jensen" <jent at afkfoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [NCLUG] Installfest anyone?
> To: "Northern Colorado Linux Users Group" <nclug at nclug.org>
>
> I am never able to attend the meetings, but I would like a shirt if
> possible.  Would be willing to pay extra for the organic cotton if that is
> an option too.
>
> Would it be possible for me to pay you via pay pal or mail you a check or
> something?
> cheers,
> Mike Jensen
> jent at afkfoo.com
>
> On Fri, April 4, 2008 21:54, Jim Hutchinson wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Goodman,Darrin
>> <Darrin.Goodman at colostate.edu>

>>> JustGoWest has quoted me good prices in the past when I explained to
>>> them
>>> that the shirts were for promoting open source software.  Plus, they
>>> have
>>> organic cotton if you don't mind paying a little extra for it, and the
>>> quality is good.  I never followed through and placed an order, but they
>>> were very pleasant to deal with.
>>>

>> Thanks for the shirt feedback. However, is anyone willing to put down
>> money
>> to buy one? I'm sure there is a minimum order. Perhaps I can bring a sign
>> up
>> sheet of sorts on Tuesday and see how many are interested in both a shirt
>> and the install-fest.
>> --
>> Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
>> ----
>> Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
>> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
>>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:56:31 -0600
> From: "Jim Hutchinson" <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org>
> Subject: Re: [NCLUG] Installfest anyone?
> To: "Northern Colorado Linux Users Group" <nclug at nclug.org>
>
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Mike Jensen <jent at afkfoo.com> wrote:
>

>> I am never able to attend the meetings, but I would like a shirt if
>> possible.  Would be willing to pay extra for the organic cotton if that is
>> an option too.
>>
>> Would it be possible for me to pay you via pay pal or mail you a check or
>> something?
>>

> If I'm to be the shirt ordering guy then yeah paypal is fine. Lets see what
> sort of interest there is at the meeting (or via the list) and I'll get some
> prices. We also need to design a shirt. There have been a few suggestions
> but no decision or even discussion.

Pursuant to all the discussion about pocket vs. no pockets, collars vs.
no collars, organic cotton vs. inorganic cotton(?), I've come to feel
that anything that promotes Linux might be appropriate... and I'm
suggesting:   "Linux, the lug nuts of NCLUG" as pretty all-inclusive for
slogan.  Maybe we should have a cartoon of someone trying to "install"
Tux in an old PC case.

Oh, I'd like to sign up for whatever is ordered.  I've been thinking
about the same sort of thing and have been in touch with Queensborro
Shirt Company at http://www.queensborro.com  or reached at
1-800-847-4478.  The company was started by the owner in college, and
has grown to be competitive nationally.  I was struck by their polo
shirts which could profit the club selling at $15.00 ea.  They do both
printing and embroidery, which I've been considering for the FRPCUG logo.

Jim Bragonier, Secretary for FRPCUG