[NCLUG] About "mflags" in your .rpmmacros

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 8 18:34:02 MDT 2008

In Stephen's presentation tonight, he mentioned setting the make flags for
multiple CPUs in the ~/.rpmmacros.  One thing to note about that is that
the default make flags now include setting "-j$RPM_BUILD_NCPUS", which
expands to:

   RPM_BUILD_NCPUS="`/usr/bin/getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN`"

Or:

   guin:rpm$ /usr/bin/getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN
   2
   guin:rpm$

So, it'll auto set the make flags.  This was quite as recently I upgraded
my system and automatically it started using multiple CPUs.

 Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.