[NCLUG] Re: Spam Help

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:38:19 MST 2008

I use procmail with a recipe that sends thru clamav then SA, then on to
postfix

it works pretty well but CPU utilization tends to be high under load.
I've only had a big problem with that once.  This is on a server hosting
about 15 domains, if that matters to you.  It's also pretty old- dual
Xeon 866's :)

Usually we recommend a dedicated spam filter off-site for anyone; we
even have two Privacy Networks servers we make available for a pretty
small fee.  It works out pretty darn well because those servers are on a
pier1 network, super fast.

I've also been playing around more and more with pre-configured *nix
distros specifically for these kinds of purposes- I'm currently playing
with Untangle.  So far I've been pretty happy with it's interface and
performance.  Guess I'm just getting lazy is what it comes down to.

-DJ