[NCLUG] MythTV Questions

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Wed Feb 20 12:09:25 MST 2008

>> That's exactly what I was going to say.  I just think of what it
>> would be like if I had kids, they turned on what they thought would
>> be teletubbies and turn out to be the copy of "Bad Girls 8" that my
>> college-kid neighbor was retransmitting to the world over the same
>> channel...  I'd probably be a little upset.  Some of these laws just
>> help everyone get along; they're not perfect but without them we'd be
>> hurting.
>
> I'm not sure trusting the government to take over the job of
> monitoring what your children watch is a great idea.
I definitely don't want the government having anything to do with the
morality of my children.  However, the very root of this country is
based of "freedom as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else's
freedom."  Whether that's actually being practiced now is off-topic, but
someone needs to step in and sort out frequencies.  My example of
everything talking on the same frequency is a perfect one.  I can only
imagine what would happen to LP Broadband's business if I started a cell
phone company on the 5.2GHz frequency range.  The government seems as a
good a group as any.  I certainly wouldn't want AT&T or Verizon doing it
(although I'm sure someone thinks they are...).

Paul