[NCLUG] Nameserver Hosting

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Feb 25 14:14:29 MST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Brian Wood wrote:

> The problems I have read about with GoDaddy include their retaining ownership
> of domains they have charged their customers for. In the rare event that a
> domain becomes very popular they apparently use that ownership to leverage a
> huge increase in fees to the customer. Of course I do not know if these
> allegations are true.

I have moved domains in and out of GoDaddy without issue in
running an ISP -- I have heard this, but have never
experienced it.  We have presently something like 300 or 400
active domains for customers.

NSI (network Solutions) is the entity _I_ consider devil's
spawn to do DNS work with ;)

-- Russ herrold