[NCLUG] MythTV Presentation on Feb. 12

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Jan 16 10:47:56 MST 2008

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 01:08:30PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:

> Most of you do not know me. I became aware of the NCLUG several months
> ago but have been unable to attend meetings due to a conflict with a
> Tuesday evening class last semester.

I'm glad you can finally make it to meetings -- and that you'll be giving
this presentation.

> I have been working with MythTV for several years, and have been invited
> to give a presentation on it at the February 12 NCLUG meeting.

Serendipitously, I'm at a point now where I actually need to start
looking into MythTV as an alternative to the DVR I'm currently using.

> Since we will be limited to an hour, I will dispense with showing how to
> install the underlying OS, as I suspect most of you can do that. I plan
> to go through the configuration of MythTV, that being where most new
> users have problems.
>
> If anyone has a specific question about MythTV, such as how to set it up
> with particular video capture hardware, or how to interface to a
> particular type of TV set or monitor, or perhaps how to get a particular
> type of remote control working, please feel free to email such questions
> to me prior to the meeting. If anyone has tried to get Myth running and
> run into problems, let me know before the meeting and I will try and
> make sure those topics are covered.

Recommendations on minimal hardware configurations for reasonable
performance would be appreciated, too.

I look forward to the presentation.

awj @reddit: "The terms never and always are never always true."