[NCLUG] MythTV Presentation on Feb. 12

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:57:51 MST 2008

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't know TerraSoft sold them either, until
after I had shelled out the cash.  Though I'm told that the unit I got
was one of the last with the better processors, apparently Sony has been
cutting back a part of the processing core to get better pricepoints.
I'm not sure- but given that so far I've been using the unit for BluRay
only (I have yet to buy a game for it in 4 months of ownership with the
exception of an online purchase of Mortal Kombat II- (oh, yeah).
So, I burned myself an iso of YDL but my fear is that in partitioning
the drive you apparently loose all the data that was previously on the
unit.  Not a big deal for games, media and such, but I'm wondering what
the impact is for online purchases.

So, I've been holding off for now, but I'd LOVE to see YDL in action on
a PS3.  So far, with the last Sony OS update, playing mp4 (divx) movies
has been vastly improved over my Samsung DVD player.  The upconversion
just works really well over the HDMI.  So, naturally I'm curious how
well YDL will work as a media player/living room internet device.

-DJ