[NCLUG] Call for Participation: Next NCLUG meeting: Your desktop habits.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 23 13:26:14 MDT 2008

The next NCLUG meeting, July 8, I proposed an NCLUG where people showed off
how they used their desktops.  I was hoping we could get a bunch of people
to demonstrate or at least talk about how they used their desktops.

To give you an idea of what I plan to talk about:

   I have 7 virtual desktops, largely with terminal windows.
   I do different things in different desktops.
   I do a lot of command-line stuff.
   I use "clear" to clear the terminals when I'm done.
   I have a specific locations set up for IRC, Mail and web.
   I've been playing around with Compiz for a few things like "zooming in"
         on a window.

I'm thinking 5 to 10 minutes for each person to demonstrate things.

Please let me know if you are interested in showing off how you get stuff
done.

Thanks,
 Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when you
 get a prompt, type like hell.