[NCLUG] Ubuntu CDs for NoCo

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Tue Nov 25 21:13:48 MST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 5:59 PM, <bwood at beww.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 November 2008 17:16:52 Jim Hutchinson wrote:
>

> > All great reasons, but don't forget hanging out and sharing geek talk
> while
> > enjoying a tasty bite/drink and free wifi to boot.
>
> I had heard something about free WiFi in downtown FtC, is this true? Do I
> need
> to sign up or something?

No, it's open wifi around the downtown area. Not sure who supports it -
local businesses maybe. Nothing to sign up for but the few times I tried it
it was hard to connect to but could have been location/hardware.

> I just picked up an EeePC 900, but I have to say the Linux install is
> pretty
> lame, guess I'll load Ubuntu on it.

I kind of like the xandros OS on the eee - simple and straight forward but
it is lame if you are looking for more. I like the Ubuntu version on the
dell mini 9. It has a similar easy lauch bar but better and it's easy to
turn off and on. Plus is regular Ubuntu to boot. Not sure if you can install
it on an eee or anything else though.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----