[NCLUG] Re: Eee PC Xandros

bwood at beww.org bwood at beww.org
Thu Nov 27 11:55:20 MST 2008

On Wednesday 26 November 2008 10:34:41 Dan Fink wrote:
> I also have an Eee PC, and love it. With a 16 or 32 gig SD card in the
> slot, there's lots of storage for my highly mobile uses---camping trips
> to remote areas for photography, RAW photo editing on site, tethered
> shooting, contact with my servers whilst in strange places.

What do you do about power at such locations?

I'd like to find some solar solution to charge laptop batteries. I already
have a solar answer for cell phone/iPod charging (the British Solio unit),
but it can't produce enough power to handle a laptop. I'm hoping the lower
power requirement of the Eee will be easier to deal with.

I also have a solar unit that can charge 4 AA batteries pretty quickly, so
that takes care of my Nikon camera. 1 watt out of a PDA-sized folding unit
(110 ma.).

Any pointers to remote area power solutions would be appreciated.

--
beww
beww at beww.org