[NCLUG] linux on recent HP laptops

Ben West mrgenixus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:55:32 MDT 2008

networking wtf?  there is a semi-open-source drive for broadcom as of about
18 months ago -- ubuntu will install  automatically if it can fins the
firmware on your hard drive.  research the machines you're interested in and
find a copy fo the appropriate firmware online, take them with you on a
jump-drive and you'll be able to test wireless.  also a lot of OEMs are
useing the atheros cards which are great

/ˈmɪstər/ /ˈdʒɛnəsɪs/@/dʒi/ /meɪl/ /dɒt/ /kɒm/
Benjamin West