[NCLUG] Thoughts on the last NCLUG presentations?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Oct 30 11:43:54 MDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:

> I wanted to follow up on October's NCLUG meeting, about Linux Hardware, and
> see what people thought about it.  In particular, the 10 minutes per talk
> and having a bunch of people talking, instead of the one person for an hour
> sort of thing.

I like the idea too. Sometimes for me the topics are a bit too technical and
sitting through 10 mins or so is fine but an hour leaves me lost. However,
others like that so a mix is good (i.e. some long some short).

As a presenter last time I will say the 10 min mark may be a bit too short.
20 mins is probably a doable minimum. You can't really cover much in 10 mins
unless it's downright simple.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----