[NCLUG] Thoughts on the last NCLUG presentations?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Oct 30 22:12:26 MDT 2008

Jim Hutchinson wrote:
> As a presenter last time I will say the 10 min mark may be a bit too short.
> 20 mins is probably a doable minimum. You can't really cover much in 10 mins
> unless it's downright simple.

I don't mean this as a blow off of your comments, because I appreciate
them.  I just want to say that this talk style is based off the PyCon
"Lightning Talks", which are 5 minutes in length.  The whole point is to
distill it down to it's essence.  Now, some people have said that preparing
for a 5 minute talk is harder than preparing for a 30 minute talk because
of this.

20 minutes is definitely an option, I just wanted to mention this.

Thanks,