Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Fri Sep 19 18:52:33 MDT 2008

> When I go buy a video game I am supporting Proprietary close source
> software - and I have no problems whatsoever with this and do not feel
> compelled to seek to end this practice.

There is nothing wrong with proprietary software as long as you realize
that it is a rental.   Without the code you don't own it, so don't build
the core of your business on it.  Like leasing a car.   Nothing wrong
with that, but since I want to drive it until it has 300,000 miles, and
the wheels fall off, I want to own it.   I don't have to keep paying
that way.   I pay once, then I am free to maintain as I please.

http://manual-override.blogspot.com