[NCLUG] Building a linux based file exchange portal?

Chris Crownhart chris at shiftzz.com
Tue Sep 22 12:19:33 MDT 2009

Marcio,

This sounds like a good candidate for an extranet like system.  We use
Plone, a CMS platform, and I think it would provide you with everything
you need:

- an authentication system
- it's web based, and could use SSL
- members can create folders and upload files - either via the web, or
via WebDAV, possibly even using FTP
- members can in turn share their folders or files with other members or
even groups of members

I know you are looking for a linux solution, but I think a web based
tool, like Plone, or any other CMS for that matter, would provide you
with everything you need.

Chris