[NCLUG] Security audit cost

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Apr 21 10:14:27 MDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, grant at amadensor.com wrote:

> I am just curious who on the list may have commissioned a security audit
> in the past, and how expensive it is.   We are hoping to have one done,
> and need to know rough numbers for budgeting.

There is a lot of snake oil sold in this space; for a 'for
real' and qualified set of reviews:

A CISP/PCI first tier assessment I was involred with on a
fairly major processor, ran between 30 and 40 k$

A quote essentially for a two person team, doing a week's
systems assessment and report for a bit over 10 k$ caused no
push back from a major Fortune 100 with material external
exposures and continuity issues, that I work with

- Russ herrold