[NCLUG] Trying to check ThinkPad support for Linux

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Thu Apr 22 13:40:51 MDT 2010

I have a T60P I have run Ubuntu on for several years.  It works well
with latest versions of IBM-ACPI patches to the kernel and ACPI daemon.
 No wierd high-pitched noises, over all very quiet.  Only time noise was
audible was when pegging both CPUs at 100% for a long-ish period of time
when the fans kicked on at high speed.  I did have a high-pitched noise
problem on an even older T40 though, so those are the ones to avoid.  I
still have both running Ubuntu and occasionally still use them.

Regards,
Mike