[NCLUG] Linux on laptop - can I buy any laptop I want, or do I still need to check for hardware compatibility?

John Gilmore j.arthur.gilmore at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 12:41:04 MDT 2010

That two votes for "don't  bother, you can't really tell until you try it
anyway. Make sure you can return it in case it doesn't work right, otherwise
just buy whatever."

Sounds simple enough. Disappointing though. I'd forgotten about possible
issues with sleeping, and was unaware of trackpad issues. I positively hate
trackpads anyway, and will be getting usb mice to go with these, so I don't
think it matters much.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 Brian Wood wrote:
>Probably the most important thing is making sure you have return rights, in
case things don't work out.