[NCLUG] Perplexing wireless issue - Voodoo accepted

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Feb 15 14:51:21 MST 2010

Try disabling WPA if you are using it.  I had something fairly similar when
I was testing these new Netgear APs with WPA enabled (before I have only
used WEP).  Not exactly similar though, so this is only a stab.  I could
connect for 5 to 15 minutes and then it would drop until I told it to
reconnect, then it would drop another 5 to 15 minutes later.

A stab in the dark, but it's all I've got.

This is on an Intel 4xxx chipset though.

We can probably scare up another Linksys you can test with to see if it's
that exact AP, or the laptop.

The other weird thing I've seen is at dangerjim's house, which I believe is
a WRT54G running Tomato, if I do a big download on my netbook, it will kick
everything else off the network for a few minutes.  Probably because the AP
reboots though.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, if I have been any.

Personally, that AP would just go in the trash.  :-)  But, I have a
yearning to try other APs...