[NCLUG] NCLUG Digest, Vol 290, Issue 1

Kyle Haefner Kyle.Haefner at colostate.edu
Wed Feb 16 12:31:07 MST 2011

Hi John,

You don't have to change disto's (Ubuntu and Kubuntu are the same just
with different window managers)  You could install KDE on Ubuntu, or
Gnome on Kubuntu  and have the option to switch between the two.  The
only downside is more stuff installed and running on your system.
There are a ton of other window managers out there.  I recommend
trying a bunch and picking the one that gets in your way the least.
Once find a window manager you'll need to decide what you like under
the hood.  Ubuntu is debian based, opensuse is more closely related to
Fedora/Red Hat, the big difference is how they handle packages and
dependencies.

Cheers!

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM, nclug-request at lists.nclug.org