[NCLUG] In search of a new backup solution

Kyle Anderson kyle at xkyle.com
Tue Jan 18 11:38:24 MST 2011

As big of a fan of Backuppc as I am, how about instead of a cron job
use at or an anacron job? Anacron jobs are queued, so if 3am is missed
it should be picked up later. However, it can be annoying to have a
backup job running as soon as you startup your laptop in the morning,
so maybe add a sleep to it.

At least on my laptop (Lucid) it looks like the cron.daily jobs are
done by anacron, so maybe just stick i in there? I'm not too
experienced with it, I just know it exists. Even if your laptop isn't
on at 3am it still does logrotate, apt stuff, etc when it can.