[NCLUG] New to NCLUG

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Feb 13 09:34:49 MST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 06:21:37AM -0700, Kerry Miller wrote:

> I had been so ingrained to using the GUI file manager and the only feed
> back I got was it couldn't dis[play the remote file system.  But when I
> opened a terminal window (finally) I and tried to ssh to the Fedora16
> system I got appropriate error data to tell me the system log-ing into
> the Fedora16 system had to forget what it thought it knew about the
> Fedora14 system at the old address.  Brain Freeze on my part!  Thank you
> for your help.

I find that when a GUI program is misbehaving, it is often helpful to try
starting the application by entering its name at a shell prompt rather
than by clicking on something or selecting from a GUI menu.  When doing
that, GUI programs that misbehave might give somewhat useful output in
the shell sessions from which you launched it.

Just a thought, for future references. . . .