[NCLUG] [Poll] VPS and web mangement hosting

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Sun Feb 19 16:37:41 MST 2012

Crawford Rainwater wrote:
> Bob, did you consider the VPS side of the polls as well? ;-)

Yes.  And the coupled components there had the same issues.

For example disk and ram bundled together.  Now disk and bandwidth I
guess I could see coupled together since you have to get that disk
space there somehow and you would have it if you weren't using it.
Although a build farm building code wouldn't need a high bandwidth but
could use a lot of disk space.  The sweet spot for me would be 1G of
ram and 40G of disk space.  That would force me into your highest
tier.  But probably the real cost would be the ram and for that I
wouldn't need the highest tier.

But I admit freely that I am not in your target market.  So tuning a
system to me wouldn't be representative.  But finding out what is
representative of your actual target market is a different question.

Bob