[NCLUG] [Poll] VPS and web mangement hosting

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Feb 20 12:56:55 MST 2012

On 02/19/2012 04:37 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> could use a lot of disk space.  The sweet spot for me would be 1G of
> ram and 40G of disk space.  That would force me into your highest

Funny, that's half the RAM and the amount of disc in of our lowest tier.

I kind of went back and forth on the disc space.  In general I've heard
people saying, and thought myself, "disc space is cheap".  However, as
Evelyn likes to say "Data is heavy", and the storage we use for our virtual
hosting is not cheap, partially because it's fully replicated...

So, when that guy came up to me at a conference and the first thing he said
was "how cheap are your virtuals", I said "that's not what we do".  The
question our ideal customers ask is: "How many little downtime do your
virtuals experience in a year?"  :-)