[NCLUG] GNOME 3.x

Vincent Randal vtrandal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 23:39:06 MDT 2012

I've not been able to really appreciate this thread about Gnome or any
"desktop" that sits atop the X Window System as it were.

I'm just glad to have X and a shell (preferably bash). So it really doesn't
matter to me if it's Gnome, KDE, etc

Just my two cents. Hope I didn't derail the thread. Good luck with Gnome 3
or your favorite.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Stephen Warren <swarren at wwwdotorg.org>wrote:

> On 09/26/2012 10:21 PM, Maxwell Spangler wrote:
> > So when I did try Fedora 16 with Gnome3 I was prepared for change and I
> > liked what I found.  Add gnome-tweak-tool and gnome-shell-extensions and
> > you can make Gnome3 really shine.
>
> I would like to point out that by the time you've run gnome-tweak-tool
> and installed non-standard extensions, you're not really using Gnome 3
> any more. Sure, Gnome 3 is providing the underlying infra-structure, but
> the workflow etc. isn't standard Gnome 3 any more.

Vincent Randal
549 Cherrywood Drive
Longmont, CO 80504
phone: 303 856 4804