[NCLUG] OT(ish) - HVAC Control

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Wed Oct 9 08:12:33 MDT 2013

Just some comments on my recent experience.

WRT to Honeywell controllers, installation and set-up of a unit with a heat
pump, A/C, and heat (including NG/heat pump), will require the services of
an installer.

Just went through this on a domestic unit that 'forgot' its settings.  The
manuals for the individual units, thermostat, and equipment interface module
did not have all of the proper settings, thus the unit would not talk to the
equipment.  The HVAC tech had to call a team member to go through the
appropriate set-up configuration.  Any Internet information led to various
rabbit holes and no solution.

Nothing wrong with anything, it just started generating an error code "89"
one day.  The other issue was that it took days to find a company that
could/would respond.  At least some of the HVAC companies admitted they
didn't install or know about digital controllers, or the Honeywell units.
The company that installed the entire system in 2010 is no longer in
business.

I've copied the specific settings into the manual so it won't take three
days and $108 to set it up again.

YMMV,

Frank Whiteley