[NCLUG] OT(ish) - HVAC Control

Dennis Clark dlc at frii.com
Wed Oct 9 10:49:44 MDT 2013

Been there and done that too. My Honeywell unit roasted a relay driver and I had to replace it. No one around here could troubleshoot it so I spent a couple of days phoning Honeywell reps until I found (apparently) the sole company technical rep who worked out of a cabin someplace. He was able to tell me what went wrong and got me a replacement unit at cost, but I had to promise to get an HVAC company to install it to get the warranty.

That and other parts problems with my system have caused me to vow never to use Honeywell again for my HVAC needs.

DLC
--
Dennis Clark
While traveling