[NCLUG] An Invitation to Break In, a jeopardy-style capture the flag contest

Threads threads at felicity.iiit.ac.in
Fri Jan 10 13:10:11 MST 2014

Hello everyone!

Felicity, the annual festival of IIIT Hyderabad, brings to you Felicity
Threads 2014, the tenth annual edition of the celebration of spirit of
computing and engineering. We bring to you a wide range of online
contests in various fields of programming and mathematics. Our series of
online events includes contests on algorithmic programming (Codecraft),
parallel programming (Kernel Cruise), combinatorial search and game
playing bot design (Strange Loop), and an unconventional programming
challenge (Time Limit Exceeded).

Our second event, after Gordian Knot, a math contest, is Break In.

Break In, is a Jeopardy-style Capture The Flag (CTF) contest, starting
on 1800 IST (1230 UTC), January 11, Saturday for 36 hours. It will be
filled with challenges from diverse areas of systems programming and
security (description here [1]). Participants will have to crawl the
depths of the web, pry open encrypted exchanges and reverse engineer
binaries to finally emerge victorious.

The only prerequisite to participate is the urge to learn. Let us learn
and rejoice the spirit of computing and engineering together.

There are exciting prizes for the event too!

So be prepared for some and to know more about Threads, visit us at :
http://felicity.iiit.ac.in/threads [2]

Sincerely,
Threads 2014 Team

Links: