[NCLUG] Looking for a better, but simple IDE (or just editor)

Ryan Clemens ryanclem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:00:05 MST 2017

I recently discovered the "Microsoft visual studio code" editor (I know! I
know!). It has nothing to do with regular visual studio and they have a
Linux version. I didn't trust it at first either but it has a great vim
mode plugin and a really slick, easy UI. You can even go into "Zen" mode
and disable all GUI except the tabs so your code takes up full screen. You
can point it at PHP and it will do syntax checking as you go.   There's
also a built in console that makes things easy. I never thought I'd ever
recommend a Microsoft product but so far it's been great.