[NCLUG] Tuesday January 14th, 2020 NCLUG Meeting

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Tue Jan 14 19:23:18 MST 2020

jdewitt at frii.com wrote:
> What: Tuesday January 14th, 2020 NCLUG Meeting
> When: Tuesday January 14th, 2020, 6pm
> Where: Fort Collins Creator Hub,
>   1304 Duff Dr Unit 15, Fort Collins, CO; map:

Bob on Command Line Hacking

I rambled along about my techniques for command line hacking.  Even
better I wrote this up as a blog entry so I can post the URL to it
here.  Since I was talking I wasn't taking notes.

  https://www.proulx.com/~bob/doc/unix-philosophy-20191217/unix-philosophy-20191217.html

I also talked a little bit about using shell scripts to do data
munging on files.  Sue recently had a specific problem to solve and
found the brute force awk, grep, sed, hacking not quite enough.
Therefore I suggested doing the data munging with shell programming.
But no web entry is prepared for it.  It was requested though so I
will try to write something up about it and post it in the near
future.

Stephen rclone

Stephen spoke about his use of rclone.

  https://rclone.org/

  Rclone - rsync for cloud storage
  Rclone is a command line program to sync files and directories to and from:
  ...pretty much everywhere to everywhere...

  https://github.com/rclone/rclone

I have actually been looking for a similar capability to be able to
work with cloud storage providers.  The S3 programs have been less
than really nice.  The 'rclone' project looks very useful.  I am
definitely going to check this out!

Evelyn talked briefly about the Software Freedom School in Denver.

  https://www.sofree.us/

Then the usual adjournment for dinner.