Why I am starting to hate Linux.

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Wed Apr 27 18:09:36 MDT 2022

David E. Auter via NCLUG wrote:
> Brian Sturgill wrote:
> > ... <Problems with a Linux system> ...
> > Anybody up for BSD?
>
> Sorry for your woes.
>
> There are already several of us looking at FreeBSD so join us if you
> are up for it.

I am one of the ones David is referring to here.  I converted my main
desktop from Debian to FreeBSD.  For me the best learning is total
immersion.  I am about a month into this adventure!

I started on BSD many years ago so for me this is like returning home
after a long absense.  Some things are the same.  Some things are
changed.  Some things are unfortunately not great.  Other things are
better.  There is just as much of a learning curve as on any software
distribution.  But it's been fun!

Bob