Tonight's meeting.

Brian Sturgill bsturgill at ataman.com
Tue Aug 9 22:02:45 MDT 2022

Bob normally recaps, but alas I don't think anyone took notes.
I remember my stuff and a bit about OpenCV.
Get better soon, Bob!

Anway, I thought I'd drop a couple of links from what I said.

The C#-based CAD package I've been working on for several months is ready
for limited tire kicking for those interested.
There is a Python API as well.
The package is intended to be used from the command line.
There is a program called CADViewer which can get output of 3D and 2D
objects from the command line program.
If you want to play with it I suggest cloning it.
https://github.com/briansturgill/CSharpCAD
The README will point you to good places to start depending on whether or
not you
want to use C# or Python.

The setup scripts in CADViewer and Python will setup virtual environments
to protect your system from collecting crud.

On another note... Microsoft dropped the requirement for Snaps when using
PowerShell.
You can get access to Microsoft maintained repos now, even for Ubuntu.
This would be the best way to install DOTNET. And, though the directions
don't tell you this,
you can also install powershell from the same repo.
(apt install powershell         NOTE, you run PowerShell with the command
"pwsh").
Directions for install are at:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/install/

I was able to use this on Devuan with no issues.
--

Brian