What Node version is your Linux distribution giving you?

Brian Sturgill bsturgill at ataman.com
Tue Aug 23 18:29:56 MDT 2022

I ask because JSCAD announced they were no longer supporting Node 12.
They basically support only those version of Node that the Node.js people
support.
(Nodejs LTS is on a 30 month support cycle.)
Looking at my installed version (which I thought might be 12) I find it is
12.22.9.
Now strangely, I'm running the latest release of Ubuntu. It's end of life
is April 2027.

So, yet another Ubuntu problem.
Why is Ubuntu so behind?

I'm curious, what are the default node versions on other distributions?
(node -v)

--

Brian