success creating clone OS drive for UEFI boot in Ubuntu 22.04

Phil Marsh microcraftx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 23:48:31 UTC 2023

Hi all, Bob,
I finally found a reference that worked to create an UEFI bootable copy of
the Ubuntu 22.04 OS. Please kindly see the attached file.
I'm hoping that I can create a ZFS root OS via:
1. create the efi and ZFS partitions, one drive only holds the EFI
partition and an OS partition and the other drives of the ZFS mirror or
RAID hold the OS partition?
2. create the ZFS filesystem, maybe a mirror, on the OS partition(s).
3. Copy the OS to the OS partitions.
4. Install GRUB efi to the drive holding the efi partition, as in the
attached file.
The attached file is NOT for ZFS root, but rather an ext4 formatted OS root.
Thanks,
Phil