SPAM Assassin

Oliver Garrett Burton ogburton at ogburton.com
Fri May 10 18:32:38 UTC 2024

Hi,

The syntax you are looking for is *.domain.com --the dot will get rid of
those subdomains.

In many cases you have to look at the headers rather than the address
presented in the e-mail client to find out what the real sending domain was.

SPAM Assassin settings below 5 really clobber a lot of legitimate e-mail.

I worked for a few years as the Senior Systems Engineer for an ISP and
once you get to this level of attack you may need to resort to blocking
them by IP at your firewall.

Good luck,

Garrett

--