[NCLUG] SuSE 6.3

kyle hunter hunter at CS.ColoState.EDU
Mon Oct 23 17:19:38 MDT 2000

I was at the linux install fest yesterday and now have the SuSE 6.3
version installed on my laptop and it will not shutdown properly. I have
tried both from the root comand line typing shutdown -h now and also
clicking shutdown on the login gui and both seem to close/halt everything
but it doesn't turn off. If I wait until it gets to the point where it
stops and turn the power off myself, the laptop goes through the scans,
etc. as if I turned it off in the middle of a process, and when I turn it
back on it is right where I left off where everything is
halted/closed. How can I get it to shutdown correctly?? Thanks!